If I have said it once, I have said it a thousand times: Life is just flying by too quickly. I actually started to type 2016 in the title above. How can 2017 almost be over? What a year. If I don’t preserve some of these memories, I am worried I will lose them. So, I’ve scrolled through my phone and picked out 10 pictures that sum up our year. Here are 10 things I am thankful for in no particular order.
1. Adoration. Sometimes the kids will come with me and draw or write in their journals. I love seeing them at the feet of our Lord.
2. Servers-Gus learned how to serve this year and he has done a great job. We had a server’s retreat and 22 our boys came and played Mafia, Murder Mystery, Flashlight Dodgeball, as well as went to Adoration and prayed a Rosary while walking around the perimeter of our church property.
3. Road Trips-This year we had the painful realization that Gus and Jude would be teenagers before we knew it, so we have been trying to build up some more emotional capital in their relationship accounts. We have had some great adventures together, including a road trip to Benedictine College and their first battle at Laser Quest.
4. Soccer-My second year of coaching their team. Once again they got to name the team, and they did not disappoint with our name: Industrial Chaos.
5. My bride-When Jackie is canonized someday, this is the image I would like on her holy card. She is my best friend, my teammate. Some of my favorite memories with her from this year would be our dates to Abuelo’s and The Monarch. We also co-presented a class on Married Saints at the Regan Institute, and we are still talking to each other afterwards!
6. Silver Dollar City- We will have lots of memories from this day, but I think the overall favorites were Lost River of the Ozarks and Fire in the Hole. Jude, Gus, and I went on Outlaw Run, Zelie, Gus, and I did PowerKeg, and all the kids did Thunderation, so it was a fun day of roller coaster indoctrination.
7. The CO-OP-Another summer of working harvest here in Kingman.
8. St. Joseph Catholic School-Every morning, I get to welcome the kids to school, and this fall, I have been able to enjoy the beauty of these trees. This new job has been such a blessing. I love my 96 students. Conway Springs is a great community with caring families. The teachers and staff I get to work with are amazing. We have had some challenges, but mostly, I just feel very, very blessed to face those challenges alongside such great, capable souls, for the benefit of such wonderful little souls.
9. Packy Puppy. He is just too cute these days, and is really trying to learn all about the world around him, exploring and pointing to things and asking, “DAT?” He loves communicating: Momma, Daddy, Zelie (which sounds identical to Daddy somehow), Jude, Hat, Hot, Shoes, More, Ball, Book, Boom, Door, Dog, Hi, Night Night.
10. Prayer Time. We are thanking God for our many blessings! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!